Problem description: iSlide doesn't show in the PowerPoint ribbon, but you can see iSlide Tools in COM Add-ins. You check iSlide Tools but it doesn't work. There is an error prompt shows "Unable to load. Runtime error"
Possible Reason: The Office.dll file is abnormally registered in the system GAC.
- Download the fix script (iSlide-fix script > fix-assembly-permission.bat) from the link: https://www.dropbox.com/home/iSlide%20Tools/iSlide-fix%20script;
- Right click to run the script as an administrator.
- Find iSlide Toolbox in your computer and then click One-click Diagnosis to diagnose. Once done, click to fix COM add-in as the result suggested;
- If you have any problems, please take a screenshot of each step and submit to us at email@example.com.
If the script prompts XXX files are fail to process, you can only try the manual solution to fix it. Please check the following steps:
- Please run the above one-click fix script first;
- Navigate to the C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\office, which has one or more folders starting with a number and ending with garbled characters. Open them one by one, and find office.dll, which is the only file in one of the files. Right-click on office.dll and click Properties;
- Find the "Security" option and click on "Advanced";
- In the advanced interface, click "Continue", "Enable Inheritance" and "Confirm";
- Return to the property interface, click "confirm";
- Follow the above steps to fix the abnormal permissions of "Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll", which is in the subfoler of directory C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint are abnormal.