Possible reason: The background process cannot be ended automatically.
- Download the fix script (iSlide-fix script > fix-office-no-quit.bat) from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/home/iSlide%20Tools/iSlide-fix%20script
- Right click to run the script as an administrator;
- If it is successful, you will see the text of "register com add-in successfully.". If you don't see this text, please take a screenshot of the result and then submit it to us at email@example.com.
- Navigate to the iSlide installation directory (default installation directory: %LOCALAPPDATA%\iSlide\iSlide Tools);
Note: If you didn't install iSlide to the default directory, please navigate to the right directory you installed iSlide and execute the following command.
- Enter "cmd" in the Explorer's address bar window, to quickly open the prompt command line. Or you can hold down Shift, right-click any blank space in the installation directory and right-click, and then run PowerShell/Prompt command line here.
- Make sure you have saved your presentation. Close all PowerPoint windows. Copy the following code, then paste it in the prompt command line window and press Enter.
Code: iSlideTools.RegAsm.exe /noshim & taskkill /f /im powerpnt.exe
- After successful execution, there will show the text "register com add-in successfully." If you don't see it, you can take the screenshot of the result and then submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reboot your PowerPoint program, see if you can close it normally.